Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hope

We have seen the strife, hurt and injustice that fear has caused in our world but I was reminded this week that no matter how powerful fear can be, love is stronger. I was reminded how easy it is to love, how natural, how human. All one needs is the opportunity. This week our hearts were opened by the service we did, the people we met, and the very real conversations we had. I am left with the realization that in the end only love can conquer fear, and this gives me hope.

Thank you so much to everyone from the trip for sharing so much love.


Lastly, I would like to reiterate what Pastor Tom Duke said at an interfaith dialogue series in Minneapolis. “If we don’t know what we have in common our differences can divide us. If we do know what we have in common our differences can enrich us.”

I believe we have all been enriched by our time together this past week. We have not only found commonalities in tradition, scripture, and belief but also in a shared sense and display of compassion, generosity, enthusiasm and love for humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment